Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Trip To TESDA

I feel terrible. I seriously hate being a girl once every month. Its such a hassle and its so painful. I had to plaster a fake smile the entire day and pretend everything was fine. Earlier today, I tagged along with my "bosses" to meet with the Director General of TESDA (Technical Education and Skills Development Authority), Secretary Joel Villanueva. They talked about natural dyes, metalware, patterns, etc. I regret not being able to bring my camera. I thought about it before I left the house and I was like "Err. Never mind. Hassle." Now posting this without pictures is such a hassle.


Anyway TESDA is amazing. I met lady welders and ladies that fix cars! Its amazing. And its free! Then we went to the Center for Advanced Training in Food and Beverages Service Inc. (CATFABS). Its so inspirational to hear that there are a handful of students that graduated from TESDA accredited centers are doing really well now despite their past lifestyle.


My favorite part was the Garment Making area. I was super interested and it amazed me to see women aspire to make a living out of making clothes. I wish I had their courage. (Or maybe they didn't have any other choice) But I wish I wasn't a coward. I always thought I wouldn't get anywhere with making clothes. Seeing those women in TESDA made me so jealous that they can pursue it even if they'd be employed in simple textile companies. I really wish I were bold enough to pursue what I really love. :( (Don't get me wrong, I like Comm Arts - Advertising but let me save that for another entry.)


'Cause sometimes we don't really notice how good it can get. So maybe we should start all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment